Our Strategic Plan
Sojourn House’s Board of Directors undertook a strategic planning session in September 2015. It was through this strategic planning meeting that 5 outcome goals were identified. Through the years of 2016-2018 we will work towards implementing the following:
- We will provide more housing and shelter to refugees.
- We will meet emerging needs by providing responsive programs, with partners where appropriate.
- We will increase and diversify our funding to better respond to emerging refugee needs.
- We will effectively advocate for refugee rights.
- We will strengthen our organizational capacity to achieve our goals.
Board of Directors
Jamil Karim, President
Director, Real Estate Investments, Canada Post Pension Plan
Michelle Bissada, Treasurer
Director of Change Management, CIBC Internal Audit
Vanessa Redditt, Secretary
Family Physician, Crossroads Refugee Clinic Women’s College Hospital
Executive Director, Oasis Centre des Femmes
Executive Director, Pendo International Projects
VP, Finance Transformation and Governance, Polaris
VP Personal Banking and Cards Technology, TD Group
Retired, Former CEO, Corporate Sector
Retired, Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Senior Consultant, Marketing Technology, Deloitte