The Outreach Program provides outreach services to Sojourn House residents moving to the community for one year after leaving Sojourn House. The Outreach Office is served by the Outreach Social Workers who provide assistance to integrate our residents into their new community, linking them with community resources, assisting them to problem solve any issues they may face and advocating on their behalf.
The Housing/Outreach and Settlement Social Workers offers clients a range of coordinated specialized services that are tailored to fit their individual needs and abilities of the client.
List of services:
- General supportive and trauma informed counseling
- Support with all phases of the refugee determination process and landing processes
- Assistance accessing educational programs including ESL courses, employment training and post-secondary programs
- Coordination with external service providers
- Provide referrals for accessing furniture, clothing and household items
- Community outreach
- Client advocacy
- Organizing group activities and recreational programming
- Plans and facilitates Settlement Orientation Workshops
- Distributes donated items to residents
- Provide referral letters for their stay and involvement with Sojourn House
- Furniture referrals
- Work in collaboration with housing staff to facilitate the smooth transition of clients from shelter to their permanent housing in the community
The Clients are identified through our Shelter Program and our Transitional Housing Program to be connected with the Outreach department as they are moving from Sojourn House.
To obtain more information contact the Outreach Social Worker at (416) 864-0515 ext. 234 or ext. 232