As a result of the increasing demand for our emergency shelter program, Sojourn House opened a 24/7
Emergency Family Shelter Program in 2019. This shelter has 75 dwelling rooms designated for families.
- The Shelter Program offers settlement, housing and outreach services. Individuals accepted into
the Shelter Program receive:
- Information based counselling in the settlement process
- Support with all phases of the refugee determination process and landing processes
- Assistance in securing housing
- Referral to ESL courses, medical services and community supports
- Case coordination with legal services
- 24-hour supportive and trauma informed counselling available
- Follow up support after the client leaves the shelter
Clients with trauma and higher needs are identified through the Shelter Program and are referred to the
Transitional Housing Program for longer-term support.
Clients are referred to us by multiple community agencies. It is possible for individuals to make inquiries
in person. However, it is recommended that you call in first to ensure a bed is available.
Single refugees are accepted to the Sojourn House 24/7 Shelter Program by calling (416) 864-0515 ext.
221 or ext. 222.
Front line staff will assess the information you provide to them and if a bed is not available they will
enter your name into a waiting list. You will be contacted on a priority basis as soon as a bed becomes
available in the shelter. Sojourn House reserves the right to determine intake based on priority need.
Refugee families must access the Family Program through the City of Toronto Central Intake (416) 397-